Re: [MV] USMC MUTT MARKINGS

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 10:41:58 PST

Stuart, obviously the USMC has a variety of markings
and it depends on what era he is restoring as to what
he needs.

Warning, if it was an Army Mutt, its going to be
obvious its not USMC because the front bumper is
shorter and it lacks the lifting shackles on the
corners in rear for starters.

Basically a valid USMC ID # has 6 digits for those
done in that traditional USMC blue-green flat that you
see on 1970's era Mutts, Surplus City online sells it.

When using this color the USMC also had a flat yellow
color for the lettering, but speaking off the top
right now I can't give you the precise color info.,
but its probably on a website somewhere or at Surplus
City. They're pretty knowleagble...located in
Oroville, CA. and have a website.

Thats about all the info. I can give you.

--- STUART BEENEY <stuart.beeney@btinternet.com>