New Project (HUMVEE) questions

From: gpw1942@verizon.net
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 13:32:25 PST

Hi all,
I am thinking of embarking on a new adventure (restoring a Humvee 1986 M1045). I am use to GPWs, WCs, CUCVs, but do not know much about the Humvees. I could use some recommendations on where to find parts for it and a rough idea of cost to plan my budget. I believe there are two types of tires being used Bias ply and radials. Am I correct that the radials are the latest and greatest? Are the rims different? Are there many complications to installing a 6.5l or should I stick with a tock 6.2
Looking for:
Steering wheel
Seats and cushions
5 Tires (which kind)