Re: [MV] M151 Diff Q's

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 21:44:55 PST

Listers,
FWIW I put Lube Gard in the diffs and the tranny on my two MUTT's and it
helped both of them. It took the whine out of one and I think that they
both shift easier.
http://www.lubegard.com/automotive/gear_fluid_supp.html
I used half of one bottle in each diff then a whole bottle in the
tranny. I have no association with the company and as you say,,,,
As always - mileage varies.

Buzz

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:27:04 -0800, you wrote:

> [...]
They
>were
>> not shimmed properly. I think Boyce Equipment can fix these and talk
>> Bret. Type in Boyce Equipment in your search engine as they have a
neat
>web
>> site for military trucks. I think they can shim the old ones and
make
>them
>> much quieter. Julian Burke
>
>Agreed on the later-series diffs. One of our local club members spent
>beaucoup bucks on his "quiet" differential only to find that the
measurable
>difference in relative noise level wasn't all that measurable in
practise.
>Some of our mob tried making rubber bushings and tried to install them
as
>vibration dampers betwixt frame and diff, but most of the guinea-pig
>vehicles I've driven didn't seem to offer much by way of improvement.
As