Re: [MV] Mardi Gras in Iraq

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 10:11:55 PST

Did anyone else notice the ammount of soldiers
drinking beers while they still had their side-arms?
That seems like a recipe for trouble to me. I guess
nothing happened or we would have heard about it.
I don't have a problem with and completely understand
that soldiers need to blow off some steam like that.
And I understand that it is still a combat zone so
there need to be armed soldiers around. But the
drinking ones shouldnt be armed, and the vise versa,
the armed ones shouldnt be drinking.
Just my two cents.

Other than that Im relieved to see deployed soldiers
having a good time. I know from experience that good
times are usually few and far between on deployments
like that.

--- John Brian Seeling <JBSeeling@cox-internet.com>
wrote:

> You may have already seen a few pictures of Mardi
> Gras in Iraq, but this is
> much more.
>

> This shows you it does not matter where you are you
> can pass a good time.
>
> http://www.armychic256bde.com/id42.html
>

> they had beer for a super bowl party and got
> permission to have a mardi gras
> parade too....leave it to a bunch of cajuns to "pass
> a good time" where ever
> they might be...thought ya'll might enjoy this
>
> Can anyone ID the vehicle in the picture six or
> seven up from the bottom?
> Looks like a big armored car with a hydraulic boom
> on it.

> To unsubscribe, send e-mail to:
> <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>