Re: [MV] Mardi Gras in Iraq

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 09:21:23 PST

I don't get it. They let them have beer and throw a parade one week,
and then bust a bunch of people and label it a "scandal" because a few
chicks decide to have a mud wrestling party to pass the time. I just
don't see the problem with either one. If no one was forced to
participate, then why not let them have a little fun now and then, to
improve morale? Life over there has to be stressful enough without
worrying if the next "event" you attend will wind up being picked up by
the news media and your career will be ruined over it.

But that's just me, I guess.

Jay Travis