Re: [MVlist] Tank ID

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 05:46:39 PST

The idea of the tank being discovered in the desert
after having been buried since WWII is not enitrely
far fetched.

I believe it was very late 80's or 1990 that a patrol
found a British truck which the shifting
sands had uncovered. The Canadian designed and built
Ford (allegedly) ran with a new battery, tires, (and
clean up of carbetooter I imagine)
It is puported to be LRDG but to my knowledge that has
not been substantiated. If I remember correctly it was
speculated the the driver could have become lost and
drove till he ran out of gas. No body was found near
the truck.

This is the vehicle, a Ford CMP
http://www.lrdg.org/images/TRUCK_2.JPG

Marc
Convoy Magazine

--- "Bruce C. Beattie" <bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu>
wrote:
> I just saw an old Humphrey Bogart movie called
> Sahara.
> They had this tank called Lulubelle named after a
> horse.
>
> Does anyone know what kind of WW II tank this was?
>
> They had a lot of good shots inside and out, along
> with some engine
> repair scenes.
>
> Bruce MVPA 23824

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!