Re: [MV] HMMWV sun visor installation

From: Vadim Kogan (vadim@XCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 08:51:34 PST

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 09:04:21AM -0500, Ron wrote:
> Depends on if you have a left or right twist on your bit. Not trying to get
> personal or anything.... Don't ask, don' tell and all that. ;-)
>
> Try here:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=threaded+insert+rivet+kit&btnG=Google+Search
>
> Google, it's a wonderful thing. No browser should have any other home
> page....

Unless the user is an idiot and is searching for the wrong thing :-) Which
was of course the case here, since I didn't realize there was a special tool
(I didn't get a chance to do anything after I saw your mail yesterday).

Anyhow, looks like I'll have to either use sheet metal screws or wait 'till
I make it to a store to get the right tool. Regular rivet tools won't help,
nor will torquing, I guess.

> http://www.rvproject.com/tools.html
>
> and his main page http://www.rvproject.com/
> where if you scroll down to 'General Topics' has some interesting (and
> thoroughly detailed ) info and ideas on shop techniques and tool use that
> apply to all disciplines.

Nice site. No mention of rivet nuts, but lots of other good info. Thanks for
sharing :-)

Vadim.