CHECKMATE KING TWO, THIS IS WHITE ROOK, OVER

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 07:53:40 PST

   Hi all...
        While surfing through the 593 channels on our mid level cable
package, I came across one of the several Starz channels we get. It is
called the Action Channel and it airs two episodes of COMBAT! each day,
including Saturdays. The shows air at 0850 EST. They have the fades for
commercials, but they are no commercials.
    There is also a Action Channel (Pacific) which is the same channel but
shows are off set 3 hours later.
    I had forgotten how good the television of the sixties really is.
    How many realize that the M37 is based on a German truck? Allies used
CCKWs, Germans used Studebakers. It wouldn't be on TV if it wasn't true,
right?
    Anyways, the acting is damn good, action non stop. In today's episode
(The Long Wait) we have the squad pinned down by the Krauts (how un PC!)
while transporting wounded and ammo in a CCKW. The wounded die one by one
as they wait for a tank (DRAGON 6, an M47) to show and destroy the ambush
position. Nice shots of the tank in action, how to change the left front
tire on a CCKW, and aerial shots of the CCKW diddi bopping down a dirt road
in the Caiforn....oooopppps, French country side.
    Earlier last week, they had an episode (A Day in June) with the squad
reminiscing about D Day. Lt. Hanley was the squad Sgt, and Morrow was his
assistant squad leader, and detailed them coming onto the beach near Point
Du Hoc and pushing inland. Vellly interesting, Ja?

    Look for them if you get a chance....

http://www.starz.com/se/action