Invasion OT

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 16:28:34 PST

Wonder how long it would take China to overwhelm
Taiwan and crush all their high tech US mil equipment?

Could be a lot of surplus equipment available soon
because this situation is looking like it could happen
anytime.

You probably know by now China has now formaly
approved the use of massive and overwhelming force to
retake Taiwan and put an end to "Taiwanese
provocations", so the invasion looks like it could
happen anytime.

US is not likely to do anything more than issue a
disappointment at China's decision to invade.

Wonder if China will close their Panama canal to stop
our warships from moving closer to Taiwan? That was
brilliant move on their part, stupid on our part.

Meanwhile, North Korea is really misbehaving and has
this nutcase leader seems determined to fulfill his
destiny to unite Korea. Would be the perfect time...
if China invades Taiwan. US would be off balance.

Oh sure, we have had this slow semi-secret build up of
U.S. ground forces in southern Korea for the last 6
months, but not nearly enough in the event of a full
on attack, just a costly delaying force.

Sooooooo, any thoughts on this, feel free to share off
list if you want. I guess I deserve to be flamed for
mentioning this situation, so toast me, but had to ask
for some compelling personal reasons. Thanks, looking
for your military feedback.