Re: [MV] Invasion OT

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 08:00:54 PST

At 10:40 AM -0500 3/16/05, Larry Tighe wrote:
>Don't blame China! We BUY their products because the unions have made production too expensive in the U.S. That's not theory, it's fact. References? PA rustbelt et al.
>
>I'd bet my first-born that there ain't a radio in today's military aircraft that doesn't have Asian made chips in it. I hear tell the President's new helicopter isn't even American made. Don't blame China....you know who to blame.

Careful, china is not asia. Certain ASIC (applications Specific Integrated Circuits, aka chips) are pretty standard, and it's like 4 speed manual transmission, Muncie, New Process or Borg Warner, they all work equally well. China is not Singapore, the Phillapines, Korea, Taiwan or Japan. Most of the high tech industry is in fact not in China from what I understand of it.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -