RE: [MV] Military Radio's

From: Stu Ellis (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 03:57:33 PST

Hi Jim!
Has anyone tried it??

              "Stu"
Southern New Hampshire, USA
      "Live Free Or Die"

MVPA #14790
1967 M151A1 Jeep
1964 M416 Trailer
1986 M1009 Blazer

-----Original Message-----
Of J. Wiehe
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 6:47 AM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] Military Radio's

>From Aug. 27, 2003.

I have not tried this so, as some have said,
" Your mileage may vary ".

If you're in the just gotta have mode:

http://shakespeare-military.com/broadband/sf3512.htm

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca

From: "prcradio" <km6ab@p...>
Date: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:31 pm
Subject: Re: Modify an MX-6707 with AS-1729 for use on CB?

Here are some instructions I gave someone a while back, don't know if
they did it or how it worked but it's worth a try:

Take the bottom cover off the 1729 and look at the bottom of the ant
with the coax cable/connector facing you. Find the 5th tuning
capacitor
(small screw driver adjustment) counting from the coax cable in a
counter-clockwise direction. This capacitor (C8) tunes the lowest band
30-33mhz on the antenna and will probably allow you to match the
antenna at 27mhz. You will need to have the whip attached and
preferably mount the antenna on the vehicle. If not mounted, tune the
antenna on a wooden ladder, away from any large metal objects. This
antenna does not require a ground plane.
Hope this helps.--

In armyradios@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <kingkozy@p...> wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> Wow thanks for all the responses. I put a MX6707 and AS-1729 on my
> Hummer for visibility on drives in dust and the such like, mag
mounts
> are okay, but they get knocked off all the time from overhead
> branches, I'd really like to try the mod on the MX6707 to match to
CB,