Re: [MV] Deuce/MUTT trade?/For Sale

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 08:04:11 PST

Hey, it's only money right?

If you think that us MV vehicle owners have it rough, just think about
the guy who bought a 42 foot gas powered boat to run it in the ocean or
great lakes. A lot of those hogs get less than 1 mpg.

I know a guy who has a 36 footer with dual big blocks and he can get 1
1/2 to 2 if he doesn't run it too hard. I asked him how can he do that?
   He said he budgets in 2-3000 per year for gas (this was a couple of
years ago - meaning $4-6000 now!) But the guy had some money.

Another way to go with this stuff is to do something like setup a
corporation or probably better yet an LLC and make your trucks assets.
Do some hauling on the side - not all of the vehicles have to be used -
(probably have to get a CDL) and make some money. All vehicle expenses
come right off the top of the income pile. So if you make $4000 and you
have $4000 worth of expenses, you pay virtually zero in tax. That way
you can write off that 5 ton jack you wanted, all of the oil and
filters, paint and etc and your personal bank account doesn't go down
the tubes when gas hits $3.50/gallon.

The rock suppliers around me are getting $80 to deliver 20 tons of rock
15 miles from the quarry. I recently paid a guy $600 cash to deliver a
gooseneck trailer that was 350 miles away.

If you have setup a company before, then you know that you can do it for
about $500 or less. There is paperwork involved, but if you can make
some money to offset expenses, what the hey.

No matter how high gas prices go, people are still going to pay to have
things moved.

A couple of years ago, it was $40 to deliver 40 tons of rock 15 miles.

I'm surprised that Bjorn isn't incorporated --- but then again, perhaps
he is?

Dave