Re: [MV] No bargains at auctions like G/L's

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 09:28:33 PST

Geez, there must be a surplus of money in this
country....you see the prices on "junk" at GL and GSA
auctions lately? It's un-reeeeeal. lol

Case in point, vehicles....used to be, an auction was
where you got a vehicle priced well under the low book
value. You didn't know what you were buying so you
had to allow for the risk, right? Sure, that was just
common sense, but times have changed. Now those same
high risk auctioned cars and trucks are going for
middle book and up, sight unseen!

I went to the last 3 big GSA car auctions in
Sacramento and never saw one good deal in over a 1500
vehicles, won't be going anymore. I saw these pro
buyers buying on a razor thin profit margin using
volumn to make it work and then there was the amature
individual buyers who always pay too much.

I guess I just feel like everybody is jumping on this
internet auction concept and its getting to be a waste
of time to look for a bargain. That and the other
minor fact ... I HATE DEALING WITH GL! lol

Man...I've NEVER had worse experiences dealing with
anyone in 30 years of business. GL has the all time
worst attitude (at mgmt.level) and they are using my
tax dollars too make a fat profit! Insult to
injury...lol, what a deal.