Re: [MV] No bargains at auctions like G/L's - I don't get it...

From: Rick v100 (rickv100@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 10:38:53 PST

Mike,

Totally agree about the effect of the Internet. I can
attest to the almost routine posting on the
oldwwmachines board everytime GL or the GSA has
something interesting (read old machinery) up for
auction.

This word of mouth promotion has helped GL\GSA as well
as drive up prices.

The last remaining sources of cheap MV's are going to
be found at the local auctions of the odd M37\M715\M35
fire truck.

Rick