Re: [MV] No bargains at auctions like G/L's - I don't get it...

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 10:40:09 PST

In a message dated 3/24/05 1:01:31 PM, mike@aspirationsoftware.com writes:

<< I think you guys are over-analyzing it. The biggest factor in the

auction prices going for astronomical amounts is the Internet. Think

about it this way: >>

I've always said DRMS only had to hire a web designer. Their prices were
climbing when they first went on line before GL took over. DLA looked at surplus
as a net loss especially when comparied to the numbers (due to high aquisition
value) they generated in their number one mission, Reutilization. It looks a
whole lot better when you reutilize a M35A2 valued at $46,837.23 versus sell it
for $1677.77.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com