Misc Vehicles for sale, M211, halftrack, M37, etc

From: od_willys (od_willys@netzero.net)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 18:50:32 PST

For anyone who may be interested Ironman 4wd Parts in Pickens, SC has
several military vehicles that they are wanting to sell. They do not deal
with MV and need the space in the wrecking yard. They are wanting to move
them quickly and the prices seem to be good.

The items that I saw are:

Dodge command car - Not much left except for the axles and front sheet
metal.
2-Halftracks-one has complete drivetrain and the cab and front sheet metal.
Doors are missing as are the louvers. The other is a chassis (all
drivetrain except transmission/transfer case is there). Cowl and front
fenders (bad shape). There are four tracks but exposure has not been kind
to them. If you are looking for parts these may be a good source.
5 to 6 M211's. I did not look at these up close but several seem to be
complete and in fairly good condition. Some have beds and some do not.
M715
M37 parts vehicle

The name to contact is
Gaston James
Ironman 4WD Parts
1599 Midway Road
Pickens, SC
864-878-2903

I do not know this person nor have I ever dealt with the shop but I know it
has been around for many years. The halftracks were my interest so I did
not look at anything else in detail but if anyone is interested in something
and need me to check out anything in detail please let me know and do my
best to assist you.

Scott Mattison
MVPA 19592
'43 GPW