WWII MV Convoy is just 37 days away

From: Scherrer, Tim (scherrert@missouri.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 07:23:35 PST

It is about 37 days away from the Third Annual WWII Military vehicle
Convoy through the Missouri Wine Country. We have already seen a fair
number of registrations already for what will be another outstanding
event. It never ceases to amaze me the enthusiasm for people who have
attended the event in previous years for their desire to return. See
the last edition of the MVPA's Army Motors for pictures and the story of
last year's event.

There are a few new developments to talk about regarding the event.

-The t-shirt design is completed and may be seen at:
http://www.railsplitterslivinghistory.org/railsplitter/Convoy.html Lee
Bishop did another outstanding design, and I believe he topped himself
again. The Theme is "Drive to Victory." The shirts are $17 and should
be preordered through the convoy registrar.

-The lunch menu of a chicken dinner served in Fayette, MO has also been
added. The price is included the convoy registration fee of $12.
Fayette is also working on having live music for the convoy at their
lunch stop with a community band playing patriotic and 40s tunes.

-The stop in Boonville will also include a small parade as we enter
town.

-Coordination continues with the Friend of Baldridge School, which is
our first stop, and the grade school of General Omar Bradley.

-Work is starting on the Vet ride 05, which brings the convoy to a local
nursing home for the benefit of the patients. It may also include a
stop at a local nature spot, the Columbia Rockbridge.

-The Russians are coming! We should have a larger Russian contingent
than last year, which added to the event.

Registration is required for this event by 1 May 2005 so we can get the
count right with the caterer for lunch. Registration information is
located at:
http://www.railsplitterslivinghistory.org/railsplitter/Convoy.html

You do not have to own a military vehicle to attend the event, but if
you do not then coordinate and register ASAP so we can find you a seat
with a military vehicle. If you own a military vehicle and want to
attend, please let us know how many open seats you may have so we can
accommodate everyone the day of the event.

The event hotel is the Columbia Best Western Inn, located near the
starting point of the event. When registering, make sure you mention
this is with the WWII convoy.

We are very excited about this event, and we hope to see all of you in
Columbia for another great event. We have been working hard on this
event for a year and believe between the people, vehicle, local
hospitality and roads selected this will be another quality reenacting
and military vehicle event.

If there are any questions on the event, please email me at
scherrert@missouri.edu or call me at 574-489-4891.

Thanks

Tim Scherrer

Coordinator of the WWII MV Convoy