Re: [MV] replacing head gaskets

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 09:39:53 PDT

DOUBLE CHECK THE TIGHTENING SEQUENCE!!!!!

A couple years ago, I had to replace the head gasket on Annie the
CCKW-Schield-Bantam crane. It had a 50's civy 302 engine
that has the same bolt pattern as the original 270 engine. Just so
I got the correct torque. I looked in the book for that newer
engine and was SHOCKED to see that even though the bolts
were in the same place the tightening sequence was completely
differerent! You start the spiral from the middle then go up one
side and down the other!

I agree too, have the head planed

Steve AKA Dr Deuce