Cost of petrol

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 11:49:23 PDT

I hear the same story - and I admit I believe most of it - I did some
research for a radio spot I was doing and found this item -- if you add up
all known the oil reserves north of border with Mexico, subtract the tar
sand fields in Canada, add in Alaska, it is not as much oil as one field in
Saudi Arabia -- I am not seeking flames for this, if I am wrong I would like
to know it.

I was not able to collect figures on refining capabilities, I did find the
number 6 refinery in terms of capacity can do 340,000 barrels per day

I also understand oil from Alaska is going to China, some to Japan, China
refines it. I suppose Japan does also. I have been told it has too much
sulfur for U S refineries... I would like someone to explain to me what
difference it makes if sulfur is pumped into atmosphere here or in China
either way the atmosphere is polluted by it.

From: "Larry Tighe" <larryradio@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [MV] Cost of petrol tax in Sweden, anyone?