Re: [MV] Gasoline tax

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 12:08:48 PDT

Update....I found this old story from the University
of Washington dated, Wednesday, May 15, 1996, it says:

"While we only pay 18.6 cents of federal tax on a
gallon of gasoline, Sweden pays about $4 per gallon."

Hmmm...$4 a gallon? Given the current price is $6 a
gallon in Sweden that would mean they could be paying
about the same price for gasoline as us, except they
have allowed their government to charge a tremendous
amount of tax on it.

Would still like to know the current tax on gasoline
in Sweden.

By the way, there was a station in CA charging $3.77 a
gallon, it's out in the desert, only place for 50
miles.