Re: [MV] Cost of petrol

From: Tony Mugno (amugno@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 17:27:13 PDT

Jeff Yes you got this straight. We actually export a large amount of crude

Ill explain the logic as best I can ( My facts are wrong but the logic is
correct)

Lets say we are good friends with the folks from Molokai ( fictitious of
course)
The Molokai folks are bitter enemies of the Saudis
The Molokai need oil so we sell them oil.
Now to make up for our shortfall we buy it from the Saudis.
In effect we are brokers not so much for the financial gain but more in the
sense in influencing and controlling as many nations as we can to further
our goals. ( Lord kmows what our real goals are I sure dont, guess thats
why I'm not president)

The real situation is dramatically more complicated but you get the idea.
In the years before WWII we had isolationist policies so not too much of
this went on but now well you get the idea.

Personally I'm more for isolationism than ever but thats just me.