Re: [MV] Cost of petrol

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 08:24:55 PDT

At 10:57 AM -0400 4/8/05, Stephen Grammont wrote:

>At this rate Nationalization or worse (and there is much, much worse possible!) will happen sooner rather than later.

What's more likely is closer national management of the resources if not outright rationing. However, the Greenies will have to come to terms with their insane fear of Nuclear power. They've forced us into reliance on the easiest form of power and that's petrochemical and coal. Solar won't cut it and they're now complaining about too many wind turbines.

Another aspect of nationalization would be a massive adjustment of the financial market. If your property gets taken then you default on loans which means other companies have nothing to cover the loans which means that people that invested with that financial institution are screwed unless the government pays the loss and then the taxpayers pay ultimately.

Economics are like a big trestle bridge. You don't just go yanking beams and poles out and expect it to stay level or worse not fall.

>There is zero doubt, not even a tiny bit of doubt, that the consumption of certain raw materials (oil, water, clean air, and land in particular) are being eaten up at an unsustainable rate with a great deal of inefficiency and overt waste. Sooner, rather than later, this will catch up with us and things will get very, very bad for just about everybody.

We'll have to get efficient like Japan, oddly enough I think that's happening, slowly however. And the Greenies will have to deal with More Nuke Plants to cover the costs. California will have to stop importing its power (and exporting it's pollution) because it restricts power companies in their own state borders from additional generation base and emission requirements. California's Energy policy is as disingenuous as Mugabe's Land Distribution policies.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -