RE: [MV] Cost of petrol tax in Sweden, anyone?

From: David Ashley (imjustdave@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 18:03:13 PDT

I would also like to add that the US Won't allow a car that has passed
European standards "as in EPA" to be imported into the US with out passing
the US standard first, which in the most cases cost a lot of extra $$ and
time.

Look at all of the different cars and trucks from Mercedes, VW, BMW, ETC
that have never maid it over the pond, Mainly because of politics. That get
a hell of a lot better mileage then most American cars.

What I find funny is Toyota and Honda are bragging about their 2 cars that
get a whole 60 MPG... When you compare it to the VW Golf/Jetta that gets
48 MPG on the diesel engine that has been doing this sense the 80's with the
Rabbit it doesn't sound all that impressive. I have heard "don't have any
proof" that VW actually had a 3 cylinder engine in the lopo that gets about
90 MPG. WOW now that's something to brag about...

I imagine the passing of standards goes both ways, but I see it as a down
side for us

David