Re: [MV] Does Jet fuel harm Diesel Engines?

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 20:28:14 PDT

YES, it is safe to use jet fuel in diesels. As another gentleman stated it
is just VERY pure kero in the first place. I have used it for over 35 years
in diesels with NO problems ever! As I said though, if it's old timers BS
or not, we always used about a pint to a pint and a half of Varsol to keep
it a little more lubed than without. It is a fine fuel to use!

As for additives, I remember when the "Prist additive" mixer on the fuel
trucks would break we would have to use aerosol spry cans that hooked to the
fuel nozzle through a clear tube and clip. What a pain, especially when it
was raining or cold!!!!

By all means use the jet fuel, what ever grade you can get, it will do no
harm to your diesel engines!

Best Regards,

Ed