[MV] 6.5 hummer take out

From: Erik Lundquist (lundq000@uwp.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 14:56:02 PDT

Hello all-
I just picked up a 6.5 hummer take out from GL it was listed in HX
condition, upon getting it home and tearing into it, I found it had coolant
in the oil, and oil in the coolant. The heads had been pulled and there are
no obvious cracks in them. I pulled the oil pan which hadn't been touched
and checked the main journals for cracks and couldn't find any. The
cylinders and pistons look good. I'm guessing it had a head gasket leak. So
here is the question would this be a common practice to pull a motor with
just a head gasket leak? I cant figure out why they would pull the heads and
not replace the gaskets and re-assembly it. Any insights into this?
If you need the block numbers or anything like that give me a holler. I'm in
the process of getting some pictures up on the net as well.

Thanks,
Erik
"Our country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There
won't be any America - because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take
our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC