Re: [MV] 6.5 hummer take out

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 20:50:59 PDT

Erik said

      " I cant figure out why they would pull the heads and
> not replace the gaskets and re-assembly it. Any insights into this?"

     Your first mistake is reasoning with common sense against the gov't.
Some people assume the gov't gets rid of vehicles because they are no good.
Others assume all sorts of things. I have watched new radiators being
dumped in the scrap bin and cannot do anything about it.

     I can't figure out why the gov't buys $700 hammers. I can't figure out
why the gov't scraps new items in the box unopened and so on. When you buy
surplus, you are buying items that someone doesn't care about and mainly
wants to get it out of their property inventory and not sign for it anymore.
You are dealing with young people in the military who don't know how to fix
anything. When you buy, understand what it is you are buying and you will
get lucky most of the time. What you need to do is find a good diesel
mechanic who can mic the heads and crankshaft and if it is a good one, you
got lucky and own a good deal. Don't ever try to ask why or why not!! They
don't know either! And there is no right or wrong answer to add to it as
well. Julilan Burke