RE: [MV] Overhead car/truck safety stands

From: Yuke.RF@forces.gc.ca
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 09:00:10 PDT

The collar had enough clearance inside for a rubber cover to prevent damage
to the piston. The collar worked by being long enough to fill the length of
the exposed piston when it is extended between the body of the ram and where
the piston attached to the beam of the hoist. The collar was a fixed length
so they were set up for an average comfortable working height (the tall guys
stooped a bit and the short guys had to get a box to stand on).