Re: [MV] worst MV of all time

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 09:21:34 PDT

How about the French Char B-1 bis, a 32 ton tank from
WWII. Even after the German's captured them en masse'
in virtually unused condition they wouldn't use them.
So they sat for another two years before the German's
took the turrets off and made them into some sort of
alternative, flame throwers I believe. The German's
were good at using captured armour, they had so much
of it, but they were hard pressed to figure out a use
the Char B-1!

I don't recall the name, but another flop was the
French scout car that mounted this giant steel wheel
in the center that could be raised or lowered and it
had two drivers, one always facing front and one at
the rear, presumably for faster getaways, trouble was
if they both wanted to go in opposite direction! lol
Sort of like the cartoon character Catdog, if you have
kids you know what I am talking about.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/newzealand/newzealand.html