RE: [MV] Club Websites, the bar raised!

From: Baker, George R. - Eastman (grbaker@eastman.com)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 07:53:54 PDT

"only bitch I have about the site is that most of Tired Irons other
members don't update their stuff for years. Some resto projects sit and

sit, no update is ever made. Their vehicles are probably rusting into
the ground for all we know, as GR Baker seems to be the only guy who
restores things in TI. Also, the TI guys gotta get to more events too -

I noticed 13 events in 2002, 13 in 2003, and 2 in 2004. Slacking off,
guys. The website looks great, now grab a wrench and start bringing the

green iron back to life!

Mike"

Your way off dude, most of our members have vehicles that they have
finished and keep them in great shape to show on a regular basis. We do
have one member than has several vehicles that doesn't work on them much
but they are his to do what he wants with. Not everyone builds a lot of
vehicles, some get one or two and restore them to keep. I admire them
being able to do this, I have a sickness (Green Fever id you will) that
makes me bored with a vehicle once it is finished. As far as slowing
down on events, yes we didn't do many events last year some of our
members are off fighting in Iraq so they are a little tied up at the
moment, two others have had children in the last year, one is having
health problems.

We are a small club but even with the drop off in events it seems to me
we do more than most. I think there's many MVers that spend too much
time posting dribble to this list rather than working on Green Trucks.

Sorry we haven't been enough entertainment to you in the last year...BTW
where's your web page?

G.R.Baker