improved pitman shaft in a humvee

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 07:42:38 PDT

Hi list, found this very interesting conversion with
cummins but seeing the last photo, aparently they use
a longer shaft in the steering box and after assembly
the pitman they use the extra shaft to locate a
bearing that had a reinforcement bolted to the
chassis, I think this could help to minimize the
consecuenses of use or abuse of the steering, after I
rebuilt my steering box I still have a little play...
and
I really like this Idea,
wondering if sombody know if there is a "kit"

http://www.amghummer.com/features/CumminsDiesel/cummins.htm

thanks
Alejandro
M998 1985