Re: [MV] Off Topic Diesel Question

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 14:40:40 PDT

An injector pump doesn't have a catastrophic failure
very often. This is where there is zero fuel coming
out through the lines, right? So I have to believe
you have an air embolism right at the injector pump
still.

Try pressurizing the fuel tank with with 15-20 lbs and
see what happens when you crank it over. If the pump
gear is engaged and its turning the injector pump,
then you have to be producing at least some pressure
to move the fuel out. If you are not then you have
something in there, in the pump, obstructing the flow
and maybe pressurizing the fuel tank will clear it.
Worth a try.

Oh, holy cow, wait a second! Hang on, I think I might
have it...did you put a new rubber o ring on the fuel
filter or move it?

Guess, what in many cases that O ring or round rubber
gasket can actually fit inside the filter in a way to
obstruct the free flow of fuel to the point it may
seep to the pump, but not be enough for the pump to
grab and pressurize because it's obstructed!

You gotta check the fuel filter o ring and see where
it's located and make sure it's not blocking the fuel
ports on the top of the filter. I betcha you have a
50-50 chance of accidentally placing that o ring back
wrong since it WILL fit in wrong...least it does on
Massey's and Massey - Ford have a lot in common like
that!

Good luck!