How to test the coil - M151

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 20:44:02 PDT

I still haven't found a way to properly test
resistance in my M151 coil. Anybody know what the
correct resistance is supposed to be between pos and
neg?

Might try this tomorrow just to see if its working at
all: I recall from the old days (when cars had
points) you could take a light bulb and take two wire
leads off the bulb, a ground and a hot lead and use it
like a test light.....

On the M151 you would have to remove the distributor
cap and hook the hot lead from the bulb to the neg.
side of coil and ground the other lead and crank
engine over...light should flash on and off and that
should tell you if the coil is passing the voltage,
but not how well. Could do the same thing with the
voltage meter too.

Any other ideas for testing the coil guys?

TIA