Re: [MV] Club Websites, the bar raised!

From: Mike Davidsen (mike@aspirationsoftware.com)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 06:50:32 PDT

Bobby Joe Pendleton wrote:

>As a Member of Tired Iron I have to say George does a good job on the
>website. I can also say that NONE of my trucks are setting outside rusting.
>Even my 2 1/2 ton stays inside.. I may not be driving it as much as I
>should, but it is kept up..It is run enough to keep the batteries and brakes
>up. The MUTT is driven just about every day now that I got the transfercase
>fixed. I will admit the Mule as been pushed back to the back burner.
>Sometimes it can hard to find time with a two year old in the house

That he does - I'm glad to hear none of your vehicles are getting wet
and neglected. There's an MV collector near me that restores WWII
vehicles to rent out to movie companies, and when they are done, they
sit out in the rain and start rusting again. He has more money than
sense I guess.

I can sympathize (sp?) with you about your child, I am a single parent
of a three-year old girl, so time is at a premium for anything in my
life, much less my hobbies. The spare time I do spend, outside of
playtime with my daughter, is spent wrenching in the yard on my MV
projects. NExt one due is my 1967 M725 ambulance, which is currently
not running, but complete with little rust. Will be a show
entry/occassional driver until the next project.

Got a nastygram back from George, who took offense to me using the term
"bitch" in my email. I meant is lightheartedly, he took is as a direct
angry complaint against him and the TI site. Even asked me "where is
YOUR website?". I don't have a website, beyond doing email, I know
little about web design. I spend my time wrenching. Anyways, hope
George isn't too pissed off.

I really do like your site - best club one out there. We who are not TI
members really like seeing the progress you guys make on projects of
yours, it gives us motivation to do our own projects. Keep up the good
work!

Mike