Re: [MV] How to register a HMMWV in NJ????

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 07:57:21 PDT

Rick,

NJ also has a category called "collectible"....it has a triangle inspection
sticker on the window. My M998 is registered that way as is my M151A2. It
limits the use of the vehicle to 3000 miles per year and the insurance is
dirt cheap. Since both were "registered" in IL when I got them, I just
transferred title and put them into the collectible category....no
Trenton...that's why I'm still alive!!

You must take it to an inspection station....no appointment required for
this....and they note the mileage on the odometer. If they don't like you,
they'll put a seal on the odometer...so be nice!

lar

www.antiquetelephone.com