Vehicle titles in general..

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 09:34:06 PDT

What is the current status with titles in this country...?? I know
that California was considering revoking some titles cut after they
found out about places like Broadway title. Did that actually happen?

What about title acceptance in other states? Where does bill of sale
transfer still work? I know that Ohio is a real stickler about title
transfers having dealt with an untitled boat from Kentucky about 10
years ago. A $300 boat was going to cost me at least $500 to title,
since a lawyer was required in Ohio to present the case to the judge.
What a bunch of BS. I ended up bribing (literally - cash up front) the
last registered owner in Kentucky. 6 months, $250, and about 40 hours
of work laterI had a good title.

I now live in Indiana and they seem more reasonable, depending on the
phase of the moon, who I am talking to, how busy they are, and on and on

At one time, places like Broadway could fix title problems. It sounds
like that no longer works for New Jersey at least.

What have you guys seen in other states.

Dave - with a couple of untitled vehicles..