Fw: [MV] Tug pics OT

From: Kenny Reed (kreed@pintoeng.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 11:05:00 PDT

http://www.ghcoates.com/Tugboat.htm
Here is a link to a good friends tug boat that he somewhat recently got. It
is a 65 footer. He got it running and sea worthy and drive it or
navigated.(however you wish to look at it) from The Bayou to maryland. it
took about 3 weeks but they only moved durning the day and rested at night.
It is truly an impressive machine. the main engine is 52000 lbs. the deck
in the engine room in even with the crank centerline and when i stand next
to it I am only looking at the manifolds. and i am 6'5". A mutlifuel
engine displacment is 478 cubic inches, the engine in my dually is 444 cubic
inches. this engine is 14 cubic feet. I have been for a ride on it one
afternoon last october and i can't wait to go again. there is a ride again
in a few weeks but i will be in fire school so i can't attend. Boy was that
fun. enjoy.

Kenny Reed
1968 M35A2 W/W, Whistler
Hopefully Ring Mount and .50 cal soon