Re: Another example of GL Incompetence

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 18:21:16 PDT

Sent this on the 19th of this month...

Att: Government Liquidations

Re: BOSTON WHALER....etc.,

Your "lot detail" page says this 24' fiberglass boat
weighs in at an incredible 30,000 lbs?! Can you
advise me what the correct weight for this boat really
is ASAP, I need this info for towing. Thank you.

GL's Reply - comes back 1 day after auction closes

Thank you for your email. GL may provide an
approximate weight and cube based on information that
is available and also on the type of commodity.

However, complete or perfect information may not
always be available. Weights and dimensions can be
found on any Lot Details page. All figures listed are
approximate, and for the entire lot shipping weight
(including pallets)....

Heidi P- -- -
Customer Service Representative

MY REPLY:

Dear Heidi,

I would suspect even a "Beauty School" drop out would
know a 24 foot fiberglass boat with an outboard motor
could not possibly weigh 15 tons (30,000 lbs.) But,
that IS what your "detail sheet" said!

How is it that someone working at GL, that didn't ride
the short bus to school, could let such an obvious
mistake slip by?

Only at GL, huh? Where you expect customers to know
the fine print of all 13 pages of the "buyers
contract" while employees don't know their arce from a
hole in the ground.

And now let's get to your non-answer form letter
reply, that BS didn't help and even if you gave me a
better estimated weight, your e-mail was sent 1 day
after the auction closed...now that's real helpful.

Once again GL has surpassed even my incredibly low
expectations for something you must jokingly call
"customer service".

Sincerely,

------