Re: [MV] CDL's & MV's

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 10:43:29 PDT

joeyounginc@aol.com wrote:
> 2. Some states might require it, depending on registered GVW.

California is one of those states. In CA, a 2.5-ton 6x6 is considered a
vechicle for which a class B (or A) CDL is required. :-(

> 3. Vehicles tagged Historical are exempt.

California does not, as far as I can determine, exempt Historical-tagged
vehicles. In CA, the Historical tag exempts the owner from [large!]
weight fees and the need to stop at truck scales. It doesn't affect the
licensing requirement in any way, though.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/