Re: [MV] Bob has the means and knows his stuff!

From: SGM PANTANO (TRUKS1@msn.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 20:22:25 PDT

Most of you may not have seen my "very old" post about WW2 paint for
vehicles.. I have gallons of the "ORIGINAL" WW2 OD in the original cans. I
have painted my GPW with the stuff.. I also had a paint firm in Denver
replicate the color with the use of new technology...
I have sent samples to Museums and such for their reproducing the original
color for their restorations...
It is a lot darker than you think....That lighter OD you see on WW2 vehicles
is NOT the proper color.. The REAL color faded in the sun to almost that
color...Which led folks to believe it was the correct color. If you know of
any NOS parts in the box..Open them -- and you will see how dark they are..
Gene