Re: [MV] Bob has the means and knows his stuff!

From: Bob N (notmanr7@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 01:42:45 PDT

Gene, you were going to send me a sample spray card or something like that a
long time back. It never happened. Do you have the label or markings from
the WW2 cans of paint. Is the paint actually WW2 dated? The numbers you
used last time, that I recall, were a Post War semi-gloss. Is this
something different? I certainly would be interested in seeing some?

If you want to know what WW2 paint looked like, you would want to consult a
paint chip card. I have a photo sample of one on my website. Sure, it's
not the best way to tell what paint looked like because every monitor will
display it differently but you will get the idea.
It is a picture of the Pittsburgh Paint Products chart for US Army
Lustreless Olive Drab Enamel.
http://www.42fordgpw.com/ptchart.html (and also the blue drab that was
used for USA and registration markings.

There is no early or late paint, at least that you could tell by color. The
paint formula did change over the course of the war but the actual color
stated the same.. There is no gloss (well, at least for jeeps and such).
The use of gloss ended before the US entry into the war as published in the
WW2 dated Army Motors.

Bob n.