Re: [MV] CDL's & MV's

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 16:01:49 PDT

So what Glen is saying is that all of the rental yards in MA have
license plates on their air compressors and log splitters? Seems hard
to believe.

It's Federal law that if you are legally registered in your home state,
the state you are visiting has to recognize the vehicle registration.
That is also true for drivers licenses, etc.

Regarding the CDL thing. A lot of the cops out there really don't know
the laws throughly. So if a CDL is not required in your state for your
large heavy vehicle, you may want to stick whatever you can find to
support your argument in the glove box of your truck. That's what I do..

Dave