Some questions about CCKW

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 18:48:17 PDT

List, with my new toy comes some questions. I noticed
on my Jan 1943 Date of Delivery Closed Cab CCKW that
the date plate with the DOD is located up under the
dash mounted on the firewall. My open cab CCKW does
not appear to have one in that location. Did they
mount it on the glove box door? If so unfortunitly my
glove box door is missing. Which brings me to my next
question to ask if anyone out there has one for sale
let me know and a price. The serial number off of the
title is 1619186360. I suspect that the actual serial
number is 186360. Not sure about the first numbers on
the title 1619. On my title they list the model as a
161. I suspect that my be the wheelbase but not sure
on that either. It looks like all of the other data
plates mounted on the dash are all there. I suspect
that this truck was built in late 42. There is no GMC
nameplate on the grille. Any info would be great.
thanks
Dan Bever
MVPA 18507