Re: [MV] question about front lights on m35a2

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 21:25:17 PDT

>ok question for everyone. Which TM do I need to look at to figure out the
>front lighting of the M35A2.
>what I need to do is make the front park lights come on with the headlights.
>Is this possible which wire do I splice in? the TM would be the best I think
>and I have them all but cannot find the pages I need to do this?
>
>any help here is great thanks for your time.

Following is a snip from a post I made to the list on 4/13/01. This part
speaks to what your talking about. I did this to my truck at that time,
works great. I just did a but splice between the two wires indicated about
6" after the big connector coming out of the light switch.

------begin

I'd like to have a little discussion here about M35 lighting with any fellow
electrical types and any one else interested in improving the lighting
system on thier M35, or for that matter most any M series vehicle.

I am going to attempt to make my deuce DOT compliant. I have taken detailed
pictures of an M35-A3 which seem to have almost everything that DOT requires.

This can be broken down to two issues:

1) Wiring the existing front parking lights and rear tail lights to function
as normal vehicles do.

2) Adding the additional required front and rear ID, side clearance, and
backup lights.

Start with item #1. I have been studying the TM9-2320-361-20 and if you
look at the big foldout schematic near the back, the front parking lights
are circuit 491 which connect to pin "L" of the light switch. This is
only ever on when the panel light lever is in the park position. The rear
tail lights are circuit 21 which connect to pin H of the light switch. These
are only on when the main switch lever is in the service drive position. A
note in the -10 says that to get both front and rear parking lights you must
turn the main light switch lever to the service drive position and the
panel light lever to park. This of course turns off the headlights. So you
cannot ever drive with front parking lights and headlights on a the same time.

Now if you get out a TM9-2320-218-20 for the M151-A2 and look near the
middle for the schematic (page 2-90 and 2-91), you will find that they have
externally (external to the light switch that is) connected circuits 491 and
21 together, look just to the left of the light switch. The net effect of
this is that you will now get both front and rear parking lights when the
panel lever is in the park position, just like the first detent on most
normal civy light switches. And, so long as the panel light lever is in any
position other than park, you will get the front parking lights on when the
tail lights are on along with the headlights when in the service drive
postion. Seems to be exactly what I'd want. By the way, do not try to
figure out the schematic on page 2-100 of the 361-20, it is wrong, look at
the big fold out one in the back.

<remainder deleted>

later,

je