UH-1H Help!!!!

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 19:36:19 PDT

I have taken on the job of restoring our county Veterans Museum's UH-1H
war horse! It is a job that I take with a large grin and thoughts of
sleepless nights and sore muscles but it's one that I wouldn't pass up
on a bet.

I am in need of some parts and some manuals and some radio control
heads. At this time we aren't moving to get it in flying condition but
about this time next year I will be giving that a rip too......

Right now I don't have a list of parts needed because I just barely got
to take a peek at the old Gal when it started pouring rain. As soon as
I possibly can I will have that list ready and will forward it to both
lists. I do know that all the pitch change links are gone from both the
main and tail rotors. Several of the radio heads are gone but again
that'll have to wait until I get a closer peek.

We will need both maintenance and parts manuals and if I could get them
on CD-ROM it would be GREAT!! Of course paper manuals will be gladly
accepted and would become part of the display.

We also want to get the mounts for the sixties and any other mounting
hardware for them possible. The seats all seem to be intact with belts
and all. Soundproofing is intact. Will have to check instruments and
see what's needed there. Still need to open the tail and see what's
missing. The engine seems complete and so does the transmission.

I will get some pictures and have them for anyone that wants to see the
Gal from start to finish. I'd like to ask all that can to contribute to
the resurrection of this proud bird. I will get the serial number and
post it so that one of the people that knows how to can let me know the
history of her.

I am coming with "hat in hand" and asking that anyone that has something
to donate or that can direct us to the right person who can help to
PLEASE do so. We are going to paint her up in the 1st of the 9th Cav's
nose art and want to do it correctly so any pictures would help a lot.
I was with A Troop, 1/9 CAV of the 1st CAV div in 1969 and have some
pictures to get us going but would like more if anyone can help.

Anything that is donated will be listed with the donors name unless they
would rather stay anonymous and of course we will honor that request.
We are hoping that we can get a lot of people interested in the old
Girl, even to having student field trips to come and see her. She is
sitting rather forlornly in the front of our museum on Logan street in
Gaffney South Carolina if anyone lives in the area and wants to come by.
  The museum is really a neat place and has items from the Civil War
right through to today in Iraq.

If anyone can help, please, please do so! Anything will be most
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ed Kirkley