Re: [MV] Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton serial number

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 09:36:16 PDT

No serial numbers on the frame. Sorry!

There are tell-tale parts that can give you an 'idea'
of when it was made.

There were three models: Y Z N

Y models had the parking brake on the rear wheels
like the civy truck of the day (unless it was one of the
two telco trucks all of which had the parking brake on
the rear azle). The truck also had a grill where the rods
were looped back and forth (actually up and down)

If you are thinking of running 9.00 x 20 tires, you will
need to tack weld a 3/8 nut onto the drivers side
steering stop to prevent the inside of the tire from
being damaged by the draglink. Also make sure the
brakes are up to it. With a newer 50's Chevy engine
and 9.00 x 20 tires it will easily go 65 mph...!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce