M62 parts questions

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 00:02:59 PDT

Hi all,

I just replaced the old unreliable analog guages in my Diamond-T M62
with the digital gauge cluster from a 1991 Chrysler LeBaron and now,
when I turn on my under chassis neon lights, the keyless entry system I
installed last year won't work. Just kidding.

Real questions -
#1) I bought a replacement distributor cap for my (very original) M62
from Boyce and the posts in the towers are either hollow or filled with
solder. Is that normal? I haven't seen it before, but I am not a
distributor expert.

...and...
#2) I also bought a replacement coil from them. The coil in my 602 is
under a distributor cover in a press fit hole. The coil Boyce sent is
about 1/32" larger in diameter than my existing one and so, does not fit
in the hole. Does anyone know who else might have the right physical
size coil for a 5-ton with a shielded system?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Dan
Auburn, IN