Huey Project

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 13:07:19 PDT

Some information on the Huey project. We are moving along with lots of
good items coming in! I will try my best to get a list of what's
missing ASAP for those who asked what was needed. There will be a few
instruments and radio control heads along with the transceivers. I'll
have to open it up more to get a list that means anything.

A couple of items needed are both the left and right door gun mounts for
the 60's along with their mounting hardware. Also a clue as to where to
look for the demilled 60's at a decent price......or donation!! :-)

The main rotor pitch change links are there from what I can tell, still
attached in the cockpit but detached from the business end. Don't know
if the pitch change links are there or not for the tail rotor. Jim says
that there are a few parts and the log books somewhere in the storage
area but we are going to have to do some digging!! We also need a set
of ground handling wheels desperately!!!!

Thanks again to one and all that have helped so far! Please keep it up,
we couldn't do this without all of the good people on these web sites!
I appreciate it more than I can express in words. Every time I see the
Old Gal it hurts to think that she has been neglected for so long. I
promise to do all that I can to get her back in first class shape again!!

Best regards,

Ed Kirkley, Crew Chief
Bell UH-1H 764