Re: [MV] Vietnam History Day - Huey Landing

From: flyn3nvt@adelphia.net
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 21:28:44 PDT

 Pretty neat!!! I wish my school had that........I had to read about it on my own from the schools library. Thank you for the Time Life Series.
Growing up on a grass airstrip, we used to get the guys to shoot approaches with UH-1's and OH-6's from the VTANG....... used to run out the door on my porch at the age of 6 and see a huey in hover beating the air into submission and the boys with the loaches flying with the doors off..........I remember it like yesterday. I just hope that the rotor blades never fall silent.

Glad to see that NJ still has them, VT went to UH-60's and they have been a mess with squadron readyness ever since.