Re: [MV] Are we going to let this happen?

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 03:38:12 PDT

Sonny,

Just a point - The George Bush administration has openly admitted that
Iraq and Sadam had nothing to do with the terroris destruction of the
World Trade Center towers.

You must have meant Afghanistan?

>I taught for many years in the military and we were told that if the
> student fails to learn then the teacher has failed to teach. Did you
> have such requirements when you taught?

As ironic as it sounds, I think the military probably has a lot more
resources and less bureaucratic BS to deal with while training their
"students". The amount of mandated BS the public schools has to
tolerate now is a nightmare. I have two kids in school. School isn't
what it was back when I was in it in the 60's and 70's.

I remember in shop class in Junior High, one of my classmates built a
muzzleloader pistol in class. I'm pretty sure that would not be
approved of now. In college we used to store our shotguns in our rooms
after shooting some clays over the weekend. That is probably now also
taboo.

Dave