Re: [MV] HMMWV smokes and loses oil pressure downhill

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 09:18:02 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vincent Bloom" <vbloom@DUCTMATE.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] HMMWV smokes and loses oil pressure downhill

> I haven't done anything with it yet. I'm hoping to get some good advice
> on what to check before I dig into it. Fuel filter would be a nice easy
> fix!

Pretty sure one of the 6.2 diesel mechanics told us that it relates to
injector pump timing, with white smoke resulting if the pump is too far one
way (advanced, I think), and black smoke resulting if too far the other way
(retarded, I think.) Might want to ask at one of your local diesel places
for confirmation though.